Makeup removal wipes – are they safe and worth cleaning your face with them? Here’s all you need to know. Makeup removal wipes are one way to cleanse your face. Are they good for our skin though? Let’s find out and try and find best makeup remover wipes!
Best Makeup Remover Wipes – My Personal Choice
Best Makeup Remover Wipes – All You Need To Know
Facial cleansing is the most important stage of your skincare routine, which you can’t ignore if you care about healthy skin and a radiant appearance. It’s not just about getting rid of makeup, it’s about cleaning pores and removing external impurities such as dust, pollen, as well as removing excess sebum produced by the skin. There are many ways to clean your face and products for that purpose: micellar liquids, facial cleansing gels, makeup remover and foam, as well as moistened wipes for removing make-up. However, there is a lot of controversy surrounding them, and not all experts are convinced that they are sure to have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and to thoroughly cleanse the skin of make-up residues. That’s why we explain how it actually works.
Make-up remover wipes – are they safe and worth cleansing your face with them?
Makeup removal wipes are definitely one of the most convenient forms of make-up removal, mainly because they are self-sufficient – we don’t need water or additional cotton pads for this, and afterwards we simply discard the used tissue. It’s a great option when it comes to travel and holidays, when we want to keep our luggage and cosmetics to a minimum. But is this alternative good for our skin in the long run?
First of all, dermatologists point out things like having to rub your face when using makeup removal wipes. This technique promotes the formation of blackheads, and in the case of imperfections and pimples (especially when it comes to acne-prone skin) it spreads germs. What’s more, they clog the pores, and makeup removal by means of wipes will never be perfect and will leave cosmetic residues on the skin.
Another issue is how to store makeup remover wipes. The box, which is opened frequently, does not provide hygienic conditions and makes it possible for bacteria to get in quite quickly. Other makeup removal methods such as facial cleansing gel, micellar liquid and milk are much more hygienic. To sum up, we recommend taking makeup removal wipes from time to time on holiday. Then they actually pass the test for five, taking up little space in the make-up remover.
Makeup removal is an activity that allows you to get rid of impurities, sebum and cosmetic residues from your skin. We usually do it in the evening and use various cosmetics – two-phase fluids, lotions, delicate micellar fluids. How about a much easier and faster way?
Now makeup removal wipes are a hit! They successfully replace liquid makeup removal cosmetics. They are practical and easy to use. You can always have them in your bag and use them when you need them.
The wipes can be selected according to individual skin needs. You will find them for dry, normal, sensitive or dry skin.
Is it worth using makeup removal wipes?
We have already mentioned that wipes are very practical and fast, but it is worth mentioning the opinions of dermatologists. In their opinion, this product should not be used for everyday makeup removal. They believe that makeup removal wipes only seemingly remove dirt from the skin.
In addition, they say that rubbing your face is not beneficial. This only smudges the remnants of makeup products all over the face, and this can cause imperfections. The wipes are also soaked in detergents, whose main purpose is to dissolve cosmetics on the skin.
So use makeup removal wipes? In our opinion, you have to keep common sense in everything. Occasionally used wipes should not harm your skin. Avoid products containing alcohol, however.
How to use makeup removal wipes?
Very gently… Try not to rub your skin with them, because they are very easy to irritate. Apply the tissue to your face, press it gently against your skin, wait a while and gently wipe off your makeup. Try to use this method only in emergency situations – during the day when you have no access to running water or travel. It’s better to wipe off any residue with a tissue than not do it at all.
Makeup removal wipes are comfortable to use and easy to transport, but do not remove all cosmetics. Choose those that are appropriate for your skin type (e.g. dry, oily, allergic).
The wipes allow you to quickly remove cosmetics from your face. You can do it anywhere, as the wipes will fit into any bag.
Advantages of using makeup removal wipes
- You can take them anywhere with you.
- They are cheap and light.
- They are easy to use.
- They remove makeup quickly, which is especially important when you are going on a trip, to the gym or swimming pool.
- You can buy them in every drugstore or perfumery.
Disadvantages of using makeup removal wipes
- Some wipes are not able to completely wash off the makeup (sometimes they rub it all over your face).
- They can dry and irritate the skin.
- They cause blackheads and pimples.
- They often contain many artificial substances and preservatives.
- They leave an invisible layer of makeup on the skin.
- They dry quickly in the package.
- Each opening causes bacteria to enter the package.
- Types of makeup removal wipes
- There are many types of make-up remover wipes on the market.
It’s worth choosing the ones that will suit your facial skin type and makeup type:
- For normal skin – you can use any type of wipes, but those that both moisturise and matt will work best.
- For dry skin – use wipes that contain oils. Dry skin needs frequent moisturising and oiling. Do not use any wipes that are intended to matt your skin.
- For oily skin – they are primarily designed to cleanse, remove excess sebum from the face and matt the skin.
- For acne-prone skin – such wipes contain antibacterial agents and have matting properties. They remove impurities and microorganisms from the face, which lead to the development of inflammatory changes.
- For mixed skin – at the same time they remove excess sebum, matt and moisturize and lubricate the skin.
- For mature skin – contain facial oils (e.g. argan or coconut) and vitamin E. They moisturize and regenerate the skin and soothe irritation.
- For allergic skin – they contain natural, delicate ingredients, often of ecological origin. The wipes do not contain alcohol and have less chemicals.
- For irritated skin – they do not contain alcohol, besides they have less preservatives in their composition. They are rich in oils and vitamins, which regenerate the skin.
- For waterproof makeup – with the help of properly selected oils they wash away permanent, waterproof makeup. They leave no streaks.
Best Makeup Remover Wipes – Bottom Line
In this guide we’ve gone through all the information you need before choosing your best makeup remover wipes. What are your favourite wipes? Do you use wipes at all to remove your makeup? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Last update on 2020-07-09 at 23:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API