Everyone wants perfect and glowing skin, but not everyone has time to pay your favorite beautician regular visits. Does that mean you should give up on microdermabrasion at all? Absolutely not! Let’s take a closer look at microdermabrasion in general and try and find best microdermabrasion machine at home!
Best Microdermabrasion Machine at Home for 2020 – Quick Overview
Is Microdermabrasion safe for me?
See if you don’t have any contraindications for cleaning your skin with this method.
What is microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is a procedure that consists of cleansing the skin with a specialist tool or cosmetics with appropriate properties. Thanks to microdermabrasion the skin is smooth and imperfections are minimized.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Smoothes out wrinkles – the deep ones are visibly shallow
- brightens discolourations
- minimizes stretch marks and removes scars
- regenerates the skin
- stimulates collagen production and slows down ageing processes
Types of microdermabrasion
There are several types of microdermabrasion. The most popular are:
- diamond microdermabrasion of the epidermis is exfoliated by means of a device head covered with synthetic or natural diamonds
- corundum microdermabrasion – the epidermis is rubbed with a head covered with alumina crystals
- aerobic microdermabrasion – in its case the epidermis is exfoliated with oxygen and saline
There is also such a thing as oxybrasion, which also involves rubbing the epidermis, but with a stream of saline drops or vitamin cocktails at the right speed.
Best Microdermabrasion Machine at Home for 2020 – My Picks
- “THIS SYSTEM HAS TAKEN 10 YEARS OFF MY FACE!” Did you know that over 84,712 happy customers have used our patented Microderm GLO at-home system? Get ready to experience your healthiest skin ever!...
- Upgraded Pore Vacuum: Professional blackhead remover has 5 strengths for most of all skin types. LCD display can show the strength level currently in use, which can help you to control and operate the...
- 1. Upgraed Version : 3 in 1 multifunction personal home use facial beauty machine. Make your skin looks younger and brighter.
What does a microdermabrasion treatment look like
This treatment is usually performed in a professional beauty parlor or at a beautician salon.
First, the face is thoroughly cleansed and degreased. Then the head of the device – covered with diamonds or corundum – is applied to each piece of skin. The head of the device sucks lightly on the skin and picks up a specific fragment to thoroughly clean it. After the treatment, the skin needs to be moisturized and specially cared for in the following days. It is also worthwhile to temporarily resign from the pool, so as not to get infected with any bacteria. The skin must have time to regenerate.
After the microdermabrasion treatment you can not expose your skin to the sun – creams with UV filter are also recommended. Low temperatures should be avoided. After the treatment, apply cosmetic paraffin. Thanks to it your skin will be smooth to the touch.
Best Microdermabrasion Machine at Home – Buying a Microdermabrasion Device
Products Mentioned In The Video:
If microdermabrasion at home with cosmetics is not enough, you can invest in a professional microdermabrasion device. However, the most expensive products are designed for professionals.
During the treatment the device exfoliates the epidermis and stimulates collagen and elastin production. Thanks to this, the aging process does not reach it so quickly and remains smooth and fresh for a long time.
Microdermabrasion – Duration
The microdermabrasion procedure – whether diamond or corundum – usually takes about 30 minutes. This does not mean that one “session” is enough. Most often a series of 5 treatments are performed, but their number often varies from 2 to 10 repetitions.
Indications and contraindications for microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is recommended for people with oily skin and dilated pores. Any scars, keratoses or discoloration are also indications to try this method.
The treatment is not recommended for people who have wounds on their skin or suffer from e.g. rosacea. If they want to use this method, they should first consult a dermatologist. The treatment should also not be performed in people who have a viral or bacterial transient skin disease. In such situations it is worth waiting until it is cured.
Before the treatment you should not sunbathe your skin or depilate it. Both of these activities can lead to irritation, and in his case microdermabrasion should not be performed.
Microdermabrasion and cavitation peeling
Cavitation peeling is also an excellent method of peeling off the epidermis. It is a method of skin cleansing by means of ultrasounds. Very often it competes with microdermabrasion treatment because it is softer. In case microdermabrasion is not recommended, cavitation peeling is used.
Microdermabrasion at home
If you do not want to spend money on microdermabrasion in a professional salon, you can try microdermabrasion at home. We need a set of cosmetics needed to exfoliate the epidermis. It consists of a thermal peeling, glycolic acid, neutralising liquid and a cream with a UV filter. We do this once a week and then we take care of the skin as if we were to leave the beauty salon.
First we cleanse the skin of the face, then massage it with a peeling. After washing the face with lukewarm water and drying, apply glycolic acid, which exfoliates the skin. After this stage, we restore the natural pH to the skin with a neutralising liquid. Finally, we protect slightly irritated skin after the treatment with cream with UV filter.
There is also a possibility to buy professional devices for diamond microdermabrasion at home.
In fact, it is only up to us how we want to achieve the effect of cleansed, healthy and young skin.
A few products are enough to perform microdermabrasion at home. They don’t have to be expensive, but they work. What do we need to do the microdermabrasion at home? Will it work like the one performed by a professional beautician? Let’s see.
To perform microdermabrasion you don’t have to go to a professional beautician or aesthetic medicine office right away. Such treatments are expensive. You can do microdermabrasion at home. All you need is a set of cosmetics to do it.
Although many women associate microdermabrasion with a treatment in a beauty salon, it doesn’t have to be like that. There are types of microdermabrasion and other treatments such as cavitation peeling or enzymatic peeling, which are done only by a professional. But microdermabrasion at home is possible. How to do it? We need cosmetics that we can get in every drugstore and pharmacy. Its price is not high, and the results are satisfactory. What kind of microdermabrasion kit do we need?
A microdermabrasion kit at home
In drugstores and pharmacies you can find microdermabrasion kits at home for a monthly treatment. We perform it 1-2 times a week. After the treatment we take care of the skin’s hydration and try to protect it from sunlight and low temperature. Such a set is most often included:
- thermal peeling
- glycolic acid ampoules
- ampoules with neutralising liquid
- UV-filter cream
Microdermabrasion at home – step by step
- we cleanse your face
- we perform a peeling – the massage should last about 2 minutes
- wash your face with warm water and dry it.
- on the previously prepared facial skin apply a liquid with glycolic acid, whose task is to exfoliate the epidermis, cleanse the skin and regenerate it
- Then we restore the natural pH to the skin with a neutralising liquid. It will soothe the face after cleansing and soothe irritation.
- at the very end, we moisturize the skin with a good cream with UV filter
Microdermabrasion at home is designed to cleanse, smooth and firm the skin. It also treats wrinkles and lightens discoloration. Just like the microdermabrasion performed in the living room – that is, diamond microdermabrasion or corundum microdermabrasion.
Just like the procedure performed by a professional, home microdermabrasion is not for everyone. Remember that you should not use it when you suffer from skin diseases, have acne or wounds on your face.
Microdermabrasion at home – alternatives
If microdermabrasion at home does not convince you, you can always decide to undergo the treatment in a professional beauty salon. There are many options for exfoliating the epidermis and taking care of a beautiful appearance. Diamond microdermabrasion is very popular, which consists of exfoliating the epidermis with a diamond head. It is a gentle type of treatment that women love. You can also try the method of corundum microdermabrasion – the epidermis is exfoliated here with clay. Both of them are very effective, but unfortunately, they are not as priced as microdermabrasion at home.
It should be remembered that after each microdermabrasion you need to take special care of your skin. It should be properly moisturized and protected against external factors. All because it can be slightly irritated and requires special care. This condition does not last forever, and when it passes, you can enjoy smooth skin at all times.
diamond microdermabrasion – facts and myths
At first, maybe what diamond microdermabrasion is. It is a procedure involving exfoliation of the epidermis with a special head covered with diamond crystals, a suction pump pulls in a dead, keratinized epidermis exfoliated with diamond crystals – it looks like a mini vacuum cleaner 🙂.
Myths related to Microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion will reduce wrinkles – There are no miracles, microdermabrasion can only make small wrinkles shallow, it will not reduce them completely. Never! It is also important to remember that one treatment will not change anything, a series of treatments is required.
- It will help eliminate stretch marks – As above, microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of stretch marks, but only fresh, red ones. If the stretch marks are white and we have them for a long time, forget about any improvement.
- It will remove discoloration – this treatment will never 100% remove the discoloration, it can only improve their appearance, but again I must stress that one treatment is not enough, a series of treatments and proper skin care is required.
- It guarantees perfect cleansing – another disappointment. Going to the treatment I expected a perfect cleansing, with the eyes of my imagination I saw skin without pores or blackheads. I did not notice a spectacular improvement. Exorbitant expectations made me disappointed. My fault, my ignorance.
- This is a treatment for everyone – people with capillary skin, sensitive, prone to erythema and redness should give up this treatment. Skin with such properties do not like treatments with irritating, exfoliating and warming effects. Microdermabrasion can, therefore, do more harm than good. Pregnant women should also resign from this treatment, their skin is more susceptible to the formation of discoloration during this period.
- Microdermabrasion can be done at any time of the year – It is not recommended to do it in summer or during periods when we are exposed to the sun. During microdermabrasion, the continuity of the epidermis may be interrupted, resulting in micro-damage. When these micro-damages are treated with the sun, discoloration may appear on the skin.
- It can be done the day before an important event – not really, the skin after the microdermabrasion is reddened, irritated and sensitive. In some people this condition can last up to 48 hours. This causes slight discomfort and makes the skin look worse.
- Microdermabrasion can only be done once a month – the beauticians say differently about it. So, how often can I have microdermabrasion? Some say that a month, others (mostly) that it can be done calmly every 7 days. It all depends on how our skin reacts to the micra. The beautician talked about a woman who has such thick skin that she comes to the treatment every 6 days.
- This treatment is for women only – I don’t know if it’s a myth or rather a stereotype. The guy at the beautician’s still surprised, but why? After all, men have the same right to take care of themselves, and their skin has the same needs as ours. It’s not a problem for women. It’s a problem for men and their stupid beliefs. Gentlemen, really, start taking care of your skin. I wonder how many of you guys use facial cleansing gel instead of just soap…
Facts related to microdermabrasion
- stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which increases elasticity and improves skin quality
- the micra guarantees safe control of the abrasion depth
- the treatment is painless, although sometimes we may feel a slight discomfort. The nasal area is quite sensitive to rubbing
- there is a possibility to repeat it frequently (even every 7 days)
- it’s an alternative to people intolerant to chemical peeling
- general skin regeneration
- elimination of excessive cornification, dryness and damage
- acceleration of blood and lymph circulation
- increase in the absorption of cosmetics – nourishing and moisturizing the skin (that is why masks are often applied after the microscope)
- strengthening the skin’s defence capabilities
Best Microdermabrasion Machine at Home – Bottom Line
Hope this guide was helpful for you, and you found your best microdermabrasion machine at home. Looking at my skin after the treatment, I can see that its condition has improved, it is more elastic, some blackheads have been removed, just like the keratinized epidermis. Thanks to this treatment all masks, and creams are better absorbed.
Last update on 2020-01-21 at 02:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API